The word HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language which is used to display plain text file in a form of website with text, image, scripts, or any other website elements, it is the language which allows web creation, anyone can view such sites that while connected to internet and define the structure of the content. A webpage is accessed by entering a URL address.
What is Html5?
It is the latest version of HTML which developed in 2008 that describes the webpage with new elements, and a large set of technologies which helps in developing more powerful content and websites. It improves the way of working on the web. All new HTML5 Application Programming interfaces are HTML Geolocation, HTML Web workers, Html Local Storage, HTML SSE.
How Do HTML5 websites works and why it is needed by the people?
This version of HTML has the code of three types which take care of presentation. HTML5 has many benefits these are as follows: –
- Good page ranking: – in case the foundation of the page is not accurate then the page does not attain a good ranking in search doesn’t matter how good your content is it will not make any difference, it is mainly beneficial for SEOs and content writer.
- Offline browsing available: – without any internet connection, you will be able to access the web through offline application cache. This is the advantage for business because the publisher can provide offline content to the reader, as this can be accessed quickly and locally.
- Uniformity across multiple browsers: – in this version of HTML designers can create site or system in all browsers, previously all browsers do not support all web page and applications, then this is the tremendous achievement for people from different fields.
- Mobile access to Business intelligence: – with this version of HTML people got the mobility to work as in future development it leads to more better business intelligence as all devices that are compatible with this and have equal ability to use data of browser-based analytics tools.
- Better experience for the user: – according to the business point of view the engagement of user to increase sites visibility by creating an accessible site or system more users will be engaged. HTML5 is giving the user to produce better web sites.
Top 10 best HTML5 websites: –
01: The wilderness Downtown: – It is the video of the Arcade fire song. The entire visitors have to input the address of their home where they grew up in and then HTML5 create a music video that takes the user on a journey to home.
Shop B–Reel, director Chris Milk and Google creative Lab Technology Lead Aaron Koblin teamed up to make this digital experience and offer an emotional interpretation of track “We Used To Wait”.
Findings of these websites are
- SimilarWeb Traffic 798,308
- Alexa Rank 644,693
- Compete rank 639
- Similar web rank 546
- Quantcast rank number 0.686
- Here is the link of the website you can go through it: thewildernessdowntown.com
02: Heart of The Artic: – it takes the user to a different experience on an artic expedition hunt thorough four distinct environments to the steps that would need to restore the climate balance to the arctic region. This is the example of a website that shows how HTML5 can be used as fun and entertainment.
Findings of this website
- SimilarWeb traffic 72.79%
- Alexa Rank number 868,848
- Compete rank 1.8%
- Similar web rank 54,68,777
- Quantcast rank number 0.769
- Here is the link of this site http://heartofthearctic.ca/
03: Three Dreams of Black: – It is promoting Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi’s album Rome. Here full 3D world created using WebGL where the objects of the video work on both music and inputs, this not only creates the mood to listen to the music but also create the scene to experience the music
Findings of the website
- SimilarWeb traffic 600,000
- Alexa Rank number 8,68,848
- Compete rank 4,356
- Similar web rank 1,773,524
- Quantcast rank number 0.631
- Link to this website http://www.ro.me/
04: Enjoy Your Privacy: – it was created to warn the consumers about not using the password in your mobile devices. All the scene of this website was created by HTML5 that will scare you and after watching that you will definitely avoid using a password in your mobile.
Findings of the website
- SimilarWeb traffic 34.76%
- Alexa Rank number 74,88,545
- Compete rank 2,579,568
- Similar web rank 654
- Quantcast rank number 0.716
- Link to go through the website http://www.enjoyyourprivacy.com/
05: Google Play Music Tour: – here HTML5 used to showcase many features of Google play music server, this is the perfect example of how music, video, and graphics brought together to create an exciting mood and drive consumer usage.
Findings of it
- SimilarWeb traffic 86.8%
- Alexa Rank number 1
- Compete rank 21,54,173
- Similar web rank 8
- Quantcast rank number 0.569
- Link to the website is http://play.google.com/about/music/tour/
06: Soul Reaper: – it a digital comic book developed by Saizen Media with the use of HTML5 to bring the new presentation and graphic stories, the content used in the website are in such a way that seems to come alive. this is the reason which for which differ from old HTML uses.
Findings of Soul Reaper
- SimilarWeb traffic 63%
- Alexa Rank number 8,221,008
- Compete rank 27
- Similar web rank 33
- Quantcast rank number 0.622
- Link to the website is http://www.soul-reaper.com/
07: The Expressive Web: – it was created by adobe which indicates the functionality and creative potential shows in the website through HTML5, this is the best user guide and bookmarked by all HTML5 developers.
Findings of it
- SimilarWeb traffic 23%
- Alexa Rank number 74,14,270
- Compete rank 113
- Similar web rank 540,2623
- Quantcast rank number 0.637
- Link of the website is http://beta.theexpressiveweb.com/
08: Art of Stars: – it is the superb creation where your IP address is used to draw a picture of stars constellation, the different and interesting thing in this project is it uses HTML5 to develop any application on the web.
Findings of the Art of Start
- SimilarWeb 11%
- Alexa Rank number 91,50,637
- Compete rank 36
- Similar web rank 8,976,674
- Quantcast rank number 0.694
- Link of the website is http://www.nakshart.com/
09: This Shell: – it was created by Legwork Studios that promotes the new album of Gamit and the name of the album is Parts, in this website a puzzle given with music and have a condition that if puzzle solved before the end of music you will be accessed to download the music.
Findings of this website are
- SimilarWeb traffic 93.38%
- Alexa Rank number 94,18,045
- Compete rank 50
- Similar web rank 9,746,523
- Quantcast rank number 0.759
- Website link http://thisshell.com/
10: Lost World’s Fair: – it was developed to showcase the HTML5 capabilities by creating interesting posters which drive the user to a journey by the use of mouse scroll, each poster have some hidden mystery in it.
Findings of it
- SimilarWeb traffic 12,787,050
- Alexa Rank number 16,349,791
- Compete rank 64
- Similar web rank 72.7%
- Quantcast rank number 0.655
- Link to go through the website http://lostworldsfairs.com/
Do you think, there are even better HTML5 sites out there those I missed to include in this top 10 list?
Let us know by commenting below.
I will surely update this post if I found some good websites ahead. 🙂