Alternatives to DNApy for Windows, Mac, Linux, Web, Chrome OS and more. Filter by license to discover only free or Open Source alternatives. This list contains a total of 21 apps similar to DNApy. A free and open source GUI toolkit for DNA editing – written in python If you’re looking for more info about DNApy like screenshots, reviews and comments you should visit our info page about it. Below you find the best alternatives.
Things to Know About the Application: DNApy
In the field of science and biotechnology, scientists and researchers work on multiple projects related to genetics. Targeting genetics in living beings has stood out to be a potential breakthrough in the way they are treated. It is a highly effective method of treatment that is personalized and customized according to the requirement. DNA modeling is one of the components of the research process that helps scientists understand their study better. Softwares allow you to edit and form DNA structures in a GUI (graphical user interface) format which helps them visualize their study.
A DNA editing software holds special importance in scientific research on genetics. It allows the researcher to come up with various versions of solutions to their research problem and visually identify the best alternative. This makes it easy for them to analyze their own solutions and gives them the ease of modifying it to ensure that their solution is correct. Even a small mistake can be risky, so being able to see it graphically eliminates the risk to some extent. DNApy is one such software.
What is DNApy?
DNApy is free and open-source software that allows DNA editing with a GUI toolkit. The software is written in Python, hence the name DNA-’py’. DNApy was founded in March 2016, making it 4 years old. DNApy was created by Tamnun Biomedica, Inc. This project aims to provide a powerful codebase for viewing, editing, and creating DNA in the GenBank format. The code is free to use, modify, and redistribute under a GPL license. The software is being developed on a Linux machine and works well in that environment.
Launched in: March 2016
Created by: Tamnun Biomedica, Inc.
Find Top 10
DNApy Alternatives and Similar Software
|#||Image||App Name||Features||Platforms||Price||Website Link|
|1||ApE – A plasmid Editor||Mac
|6||SnapGene Viewer Alternatives and Similar Software||Mac
|Free for personal use||Website|
Features of DNApy:
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac
- Free to use
- Can create DNA modeling
- Easy to view and edit the created DNA
- Easy to export information and data in Excel or other tools
- Tried and tested by top genetic engineers and scientists
- Is DNApy safe to use?
According to Google, DNApy is safe to use and has no trouble running on a web browser.
- What is DNApy used for?
DNApy is used in the field of science and genetics. It is specifically used for recreating, viewing, and editing genetic modeling.
- What are the alternatives to DNApy?
There are many alternatives available for DNApy such as SnapGene viewer, Benchling, Geneious, Serial Cloner, etc. Let’s look at these alternatives in detail:
- SnapGene Viewer: It is a molecular biology software that is easier to use than pen and paper and can be shared with peers. SnapGene offers a fast and easy way to plan, visualize, and document your molecular biology procedures.
- Benchling: It is an online lab notebook software that includes DNA design tools.
- Geneious: It combines all the major DNA and protein sequences analysis tools in one software. You can easily analyze your molecular sequences and edit them visually.
- Serial Cloner: Serial Cloner reads and writes DNA Strider-compatible files and import and export files in the universal FASTA format. Serial Cloner imports files saved in the Vector NTI, MacVector, ApE, DNAstar, pDRAW32, and GenBank formats as well.