Microsoft® Hyper-V™ Server 2008 R2 is a stand-alone product that provides a reliable and… Created by Microsoft Microsoft® Hyper-V™ Server 2008 R2 is a stand-alone product that provides a reliable and optimized virtualization solution enabling organizations to improve server utilization and reduce costs. With the addition of new features such as live migration and expanded processor and memory support for host systems, it allows organizations to consolidate workloads onto a single physical server and is a good solution for organizations who are consolidating servers as well as for development and test environments. … More Info »By having the ability to plug into existing IT infrastructures Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 enables companies to reduce costs, improve utilization and provision new servers. It allows IT professionals to leverage existing patching, provisioning, management and support tools and processes. IT Professionals can continue to leverage their individual skills and the collective knowledge of Microsoft tools, minimizing the learning curve to manage Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2. In addition, with Microsoft providing comprehensive support for Microsoft applications and heterogeneous guest operating systems support, customers can virtualize with confidence and peace of mind.
Find Top 10
Microsoft Hyper-V Server
|#||Image||App Name||Features||Platforms||Price||Website Link|
|3||VMware Workstation Pro Alternatives and Similar Software||Windows
|7||Proxmox Virtual Environment||Linux
|10||VMware vSphere Hypervisor||NVIDIA vGPU
Reasons why Portable Virtualbox is a good alternative to Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, which can cut down on licensing costs.
- Portable means it runs off a USB stick, meaning you have no installation or license hassles and don’t need to worry about security updates.
- Portable VirtualBox is free – and it does not require any proprietary software or hardware to work (What more could you ask for)
- Portable virtualbox is free software and is available on many platforms.
- It can run multiple operating systems on a physical machine that supports only one OS at a time. This also makes it reliable.
- It has nearly all the features and functions found in Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
Reasons why virt-manager is a good alternative to Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- It’s free, open source software developed by Red Hat.
- Supports many guest operating systems, with more added to the list frequently.
- No license fees — you can set the number of virtual machines based on your needs.
- It’s free, with source code and comes with a great deal of features befitting a virtualization solution.
- Virt-Manager provides live migration support and it is based on libvirt, which is an industry standard.
- Out of the box support for KVM, Xen and QEMU.
Reasons why Kubernetes is a good alternative to Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- It’s free
- It’s easy to use and learn because it uses containers that rely on Docker.
- You can easily scale up Kubernetes clusters, compared to Hyper-V Server.
- It provides companies with a more cost-effective way to manage large infrastructures.
- It is free, which helps companies save a lot of money.
- Its production deployment is much easier than other similar products in the market.
- It’s open source, container-based and much easier to deploy.
- It has a superior API that makes it easy to build your own extensions on top of it.
- It’s extensible, supporting both Linux and Windows Server containers.
Reasons why Unraid is a good alternative to Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Unraid has a web-based GUI, and is free.
- Don’t need to purchase an operating system license.
- Don’t need to purchase Windows Server licenses.
- You can do everything Hyper-V can do and more.
- It has a faster management experience.
- It’s much easier to setup and use than Hyper-V Server.
- Unraid’s remote access is managed through a web portal so, no need to be familiar with Windows RDP or Linux SSH. Unraid will also email you if there’s any issues with your server.
- Unraid 6.0 has built-in protection against ransomware with bhyve, this is not available in Hyper-V Server 2016.
Reasons why OpenStack is a good alternative to Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- OpenStack is very flexible and can be configured according to your needs; it is easy to adapt and extend the platform.
- OpenStack is free, you won’t need to pay any license fees to set up or maintain your servers.
- OpenStack is good for big businesses because it supports multiple hypervisors (KVM, XenServer and VMware vSphere) and non-virtualized infrastructures.
- OpenStack is an open source software that’s cheaper and more easily customizable.
- OpenStack supports different virtualization technologies like KVM and Xen, while Hyper-V has a single exclusive hypervisor.
- OpenStack has the best CLI (Command Line Interface) management interface available.
- OpenStack makes it easier for IT-administrators to build and manage virtualised environments.
- Open4Sys is a cheaper alternative to Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
- OpenStack has better features than Microsoft Hyper-V Server.