Alternative rock is a genre that has been around for decades. Its popularity has waxed and waned over the years, but it remains popular today. Some of the most well-known underground alternative rock bands include Muse, The Killers, and Kings of Leon. These bands have become household names in recent years thanks to their catchy tunes and energetic live performances. If you’re interested in finding some new underground alternative rock music, then keep reading!
Here Are The 7 Best Underground Alternative Rock Bands You Need To Hear:
1. The Strokes
3. Arctic Monkeys
4. Arcade Fire
6. Modest Mouse
7. The White Stripes
The Strokes is an American rock band that was formed in 1998 in New York City. They are best known for their debut album, “Is This It?” which has been described as one of the most influential indie records ever made. The Strokes were able to make a name for themselves and garner worldwide acclaim with just six songs on that first album! If you enjoy driving guitar riffs, edgy lyrics, and catchy choruses then this might be the underground alternative rock group for you.
Features Of The Strokes:
1. The Strokes are an American rock band from New York City, formed in 1998 by lead singer Julian Casablancas and guitarist Nick Valensi.
2. There were five members of the group until 2011 when Nikolai Fraiture left the band to pursue a solo career as a bassist.
3. Albert Hammond Jr., who was previously with another well-known rock group called The Voidz, joined the band on guitar in 2013 after having played with them live for two years prior to that date.
4. In 2001 they released their first album “Is This It” which became one of Rolling Stone’s top 100 albums of all time at number 68 and is also ranked as one of NME’s best debut albums ever at number 3 on their list published in 2005 (the magazine had not been publishing during Is This Its release).
5. They have since gone on to release four more studio albums – Room On Fire (2003), First Impressions Of Earth (2006), Angles (2011) and Comedown Machine (2013). Their latest album “Comedown Machine” has received mixed reviews but it still managed to reach #6 on the Billboard 200 chart upon its release last.
Interpol is an American rock band from New York City. The group was originally formed in 1997 by Paul Banks, Carlos Dengler and Greg Drudy; their debut album Turn on the Bright Lights was released to much critical acclaim three years later. Their sound helped inspire many new music bands of the 2000s as they mixed together elements of post-punk revivalism with danceable indie-pop melodies.
The reason for Interpol’s success isn’t hard to pinpoint: it sounds like Joy Division meets Television at a Cure show! Fans have always felt that there was something dark about this band, but also somewhat uplifting – which made them so appealing.”
Features Of Interpol:
1. Interpol is a New York-based indie rock band formed in 1998 by Paul Banks, Daniel Kessler and Stefan Ponce
2. The band’s debut album “Turn on the Bright Lights” was released in 2002
3. Their second album “Antics” was released in 2004 and reached number one on the UK Albums Chart
4. In 2010, they released their third studio album titled “Our Love to Admire”, which peaked at number four on the Billboard 200
5. They have sold more than 3 million albums worldwide as of 2012
6. They are currently working on their fifth studio album that will be out later this year (2018)
This post is about the band Arctic Monkeys, one of my favourite alternative rock bands. They are from England and their music has been featured in movies such as “Lemonade Mouth” and “The Host.” The band’s debut album was called “Whatever People Say I Am That’s What I’m Not,” which won a Mercury Prize for its refreshing sound. Their latest album was titled AM (2013).
Features Of Arctic Monkeys
1. Arctic Monkeys are a British rock band formed in 2002 by Alex Turner, Nick O’Malley, Jamie Cook and Matt Helders.
2. The band’s name comes from the fact that they all hail from the North of England and because their music is “cold” or “icy”.
3. They have released five studio albums to date – Whatever People Say I Am That’s What I’m Not (2006), Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007), Humbug (2009), Suck It And See (2011) and AM(2013).
4. Their debut album was nominated for the Mercury Prize in 2006 but lost out to Klaxons’ Myths Of The Near Future; however, it went on to achieve platinum status with over 600,000 copies sold worldwide as well as earning them two Brit Awards for Best British Album and Best British Group at the 2007 ceremony.
5. In 2008 they won an Ivor Novello Award for International Achievement from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors after being named ‘Songwriter of the Year’.
6. Arctic Monkeys headlined Glastonbury Festival in 2013 which saw them play a record-breaking 90 minutes set including songs
Arcade Fire is an indie rock band from Montreal, Quebec. They are one of the few bands who have not used a backing track at any point during their shows. The group consists of Win Butler (guitar, vocals), Régine Chassagne (piano, synthesizers), Richard Reed Parry (drums and guitar) , Will Butler (keyboards). They were formed in March 2003 after Win’s former band Funeral broke up.
The National Theatre is a leading London theatre that has been running for over 150 years ever since it opened on April 19th 1867 with Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream and will close its doors this week to undergo major redevelopment work.
Features Of Arcade Fire
1. The band’s name is Arcade Fire
2. They are a Canadian indie rock band from Montreal, Quebec
3. Their debut album was released in 2004 and they have since released three more albums
4. One of their most popular songs is “Wake Up” which was featured in the film “The Hunger Games” soundtrack
5. In 2013, they won Album of the Year for their album “Reflektor” at the Grammy Awards
6. They were also nominated for Best Alternative Music Album but lost to Alt-J’s “An Awesome Wave”
Radiohead has been making music together since the early 1990s when they were a rock band. But in their later years, Radiohead has moved away from that classic sound and are now considered alternative-rock by many.
The first album I would recommend is “Amnesiac” which was released after Kid A and Amnesiac combined as one album title. This release still had some of the sounds you want to hear on an alternative rock record but it also introduced new elements like jazz into the mix for a more multi-textured listening experience than we’re used to hearing from this band.
For those who enjoyed these songs with vocals, try out “Pablo Honey,” or if you prefer instrumental tracks then go straight.
Features Of Radiohead
1. Radiohead is a British rock band that was formed in 1985
2. The band consists of Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, Colin Greenwood, Ed O’Brien and Phil Selway
3. They are known for their experimental music style which incorporates elements of alternative rock and electronic music
4. Radiohead has won many awards including six Grammy Awards and an Academy Award
5. Their most popular albums include “The Bends” (1995), “OK Computer” (1997) and “Kid A” (2000)
6. In 2003 they released the album “Hail to the Thief,” which became their first number one album in America.
In 1997, Modest Mouse released their first album titled “This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About.” The album was an underground hit and created the band’s signature sound.
The next four albums were all major hits on mainstream radio stations as well. In 2004 they recorded “Good News For People Who Love Bad News,” which peaked at number one on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart.
After releasing two more successful records in 2006 and 2007, the group took a hiatus from 2009-2011 before returning with their latest release entitled “Strangers To Ourselves” in 2015.
Modest Mouse has been nominated for 11 Grammys and won three of them so far (2008 Best Rock Song).
Features Of Modest Mouse
1. Modest Mouse is an American indie rock band formed in 1992 in Issaquah, Washington
2. The group consists of lead singer and guitarist Isaac Brock, drummer Jeremiah Green, bassist Eric Judy and guitarist Johnny Marr (formerly of the Smiths)
3. They were originally signed to Sony’s Epic Records label before joining up with indie record label Sub Pop
4. Their music has been described as “indie rock,” but they have also been labelled post-grunge, art-punk, alternative rock and experimental pop
5. Modest Mouse was one of the first bands to sign to Sub Pop records after Nirvana became popular
6. In 2004 their album Good News for People Who Love Bad News reached #1 on Billboard’s Top 200 Album Chart.
The White Stripes
The White Stripes are an American rock duo that formed in 1997. The group consists of singer and guitarist Jack Lawrence (born John Anthony Gillis) and drummer Meg Louise Tucker (born Megan Martha Maguire). They were originally signed to Chicago-based independent record label Sympathy for the Record Industry before their music became more mainstream with the release of their third album “White Blood Cells” on Verve Records.
Their fifth studio album entitled “Icky Thump,” released on June 19th 2007 reached #11 on Billboard’s Top 200 Albums Chart and is certified gold by RIAA. Their latest album titled ‘Elephant,’ which was released April 23rd 2003, debuted at number one.
Features Of The White Stripes
1. The White Stripes are a rock duo from Detroit, Michigan
2. They consist of Jack and Meg White
3. Their first album was released in 1999
4. The band’s sound is influenced by blues, punk rock, garage rock, and country music
5. In 2003 they released their fifth studio album Elephant which received universal acclaim from critics and fans alike
6. They were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2012.