EpocCam transforms your phone into a wireless High Definition webcam for Windows PC. Created by Kinoni There are many alternatives to EpocCam for iPhone if you are looking to replace it. The most popular iPhone alternative is Mobiola WebCamera. It’s not free, so if you’re looking for a free alternative, you could try Snoop. If that doesn’t suit you, our users have ranked 10 alternatives to EpocCam and four of them are available for iPhone so hopefully, you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting iPhone alternatives to EpocCam are iCam (Paid) and iWebcamera (Paid).
EpocCam: Turn Your Smartphone’s Camera to a Webcam
EpocCam is an application that converts your android or smartphone’s camera into a webcam for your personal computer. You can go through by connecting a wire with USB or you can go through a wireless connection. Simply saying, EpocCam allows you to use your android’s camera into a webcam for your PC or Mac through a wireless communication system.
To use the EpocCam app all you need to do is download it from the play store and after that just install the required desktop drivers for your personal computer or mac. The free version is also available for EpocCam. If users want an HD version, they can upgrade the features of the app by paying. EpocCam can also work for zoom meetings, and google meetings. All we need to do is install the perfect drivers for our PC.
Launching of EpocCam
EpocCam was launched by kinoni on 26th July 2011. Kinoni is an independent software-based company located in Oulu, Finland. Kinoni helps to use the apps in a very simple way. It has been working for over ten years. EpocCam is free of cost. Its actual name is EpocCam Wi-Fi virtual webcam. The subtitle for EpocCam is a wireless webcam for PC-mac. The name itself says it can go through wireless communication.
How it works
- To start using EpocCam, 1st you have to download it from the google play store. And later install required drivers for your PC or Mac.
- Setting up the wireless network: You have to confirm that both your android and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network connection.
- For Windows: you need to start the ‘EpocCam Viewer’ on your personal computer. And then Click on the start menu, click on the program option, later you will see kinoni, click on that kinoni later you will see EpocCam viewer. After that, open the EpocCam application on your phone or android.
- For macOS: you don’t need to install the app. You can browse it from the internet by searching for WebRTC samples on the internet. And then choose the EpocCam option from the video source. And then, as usual, you should open the EpocCam application on your phone or tablet.
- In android devices, the first connection will take some time. But once you have connected it will remember the information and makes it easy for further usage.
Find Top 10
|#||Image||App Name||Features||Platforms||Price||Website Link|
• When compared to most of the webcams EpocCam is high in video quality. Both the front and back cameras are supported to use.
• The connection can be made wirelessly. Or you can also connect with a USB port for the best video quality.
• It can be used for all the webcams. Download and installation are very easy. Zoom, Google meet, Skype, and all other popular video conferencing can be used with the help of EpocCam.
• The wide-angle and short angle can be selected. Focus and autofocus options are also available.
- Can I connect multiple cameras to one computer?
You can connect only one camera at a time with EpocCam.
- How to use EpocCam with Skype?
From the skype menu choose -audio/video tab. And then choose EpocCam as the camera.