Gaikai is a company which provides technology for the streaming of high-end video games. Created by Sony Computer Entertainment Gaikai is a company which provides technology for the streaming of high-end video games.Its technology has multiple applications, including in-home streaming over a local wired or wireless network (as in Remote Play between the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita), as well as cloud-based gaming where video games are rendered on remote servers and delivered to end users via internet streaming (such as the PlayStation Now game streaming service.
Find Top 10
|#||Image||App Name||Features||Platforms||Price||Website Link|
|4||Geforce Now Alternatives and Similar Software||Mac|
|6||Vortex Cloud Gaming Alternatives and Similar Software||Mac|
|9||Moonlight Game Streaming||Windows|
Reasons why Shadow is a good alternative to Gaikai
- They have a better license to operate in the US and Japan
- They have more experience dealing with Japanese brands
- Gaikai is currently only available in the US, whereas SHADOW has already launched in Japan.
- There is already a “free” version of SHADOW in the Japanese app market, which interacts with 10 million smartphones and tablets.
- It’s cheaper to provide the service than Gaikai, which is available on a monthly subscription basis.
- You don’t need a beefy PC to use it. A regular laptop will work just fine for Shadow.
- It’s more convenient than Sony’s cloud solution — you don’t have to stream your game over the internet, but simply play it off a hard drive attached to your computer.
Reasons why Nvidia Grid is a good alternative to Gaikai
- Offering free cloud gaming isn’t a bad idea, although there are some potential problems with it.
- Nvidia may find success in the field because of their graphics card hardware and expertise in that department.
- It is a company based on technology which has been reliably used in the past few years.
- Nvidia Grid allows you to play your PC games on any device and not just PCs.
- It definitely offers some extra functionality than Gaikai…
- It is said to be completely unlimited.
- It requires much less powerful hardware, so it could be run on your average, everyday computer.
- Streaming games will eliminate the need for an expensive console or graphics card, making it more affordable for everyone
Reasons why Parsec is a good alternative to Gaikai
- Parsec is a more robust and stable streaming service
- Parsec has a better library of games
- Parsec is fully functional on most major devices
- Parsec has a small download size
- Parsec is compatible with multiple input devices
Reasons why Stadia is a good alternative to Gaikai
- Stadia is one of the only two streaming services that allow for 4K
- Stadia brings games into your living room, unlike Gaikai
- Stadia has a library of over 50 games and counting
- Stadia is much cheaper than other gaming services (like PS and Xbox Live)
- Stadia offers a free trial to new customers
Reasons why LiquidSky is a good alternative to Gaikai
- Streams can be played on any device
- The system is free for personal use
- You never need to download or update
- It works on any operating system
- Streamers don’t need a high-end PC